Costume Designer / Teacher | “Summer Spectacular 2015,” Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (June – July 2015)
- I designed, modified, and/or built costumes for 132 children participating in the camp; I taught costuming/makeup classes and provided general support to the camp.
Costume Shop Supervisor (interim) / Wig Master | Honky Tonk Angels, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (May – August 2015)
Wardrobe Supervisor | The Two Musketeers, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (March – April 2015)
- I worked closely with the ASM, Costume Designer, and Properties Designer for the world premiere of this complex quick-change play.
Wardrobe Supervisor / Assistant Costume Designer | Mr. Burns: a post-electric play, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (January 2015 – March 2015)
- I designed several costume props and two characters’ costumes for this Southeast premiere.
Wardrobe Supervisor | Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (December 2014 – February 2015)
Wardrobe Manager | A Tuna Christmas, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (November – December 2013)
- For two holiday seasons, I supported the Costume Designer by shopping for, altering, and quick-rigging costumes; choreographed over 20 changes for this quick-change show; served as makeup artist and wig crew; and supervised two dressers.
Wardrobe Manager | Avenue Q, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (August 2013)
Wardrobe Manager (2nd) | The Tempest, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (April 2014)
Wardrobe Manager | A Tuna Christmas, Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville, FL (November 2012 – December 2012)
Producer | Bloody Valentine Variety Show, Superfun! Pop-Up Gallery, Gainesville, FL (February 2017)
Producer | The Rock Musical Revue, Market Street Pub and Cabaret, Gainesville, FL (October 2016)
Producer | Zombieville (July 2016)
- Well-received variety show that featured burlesque, music, and comedy in an immersive, post-apocalyptic environment that blended with the activities of local LARPing group Dystopia Rising. Also included film fest.
Producer | Bizarrelesque, Superfun! Pop-Up Gallery, Gainesville, FL (June 2016)
Producer | Happily Ever After: Fairy Tale Variety Show, The Jam, Gainesville, FL (March 2016)
- This production was part of Red Soul Days, the anti-violence festival I singlehandedly produced twice a year between 2014 and 2016. The festival also included a concert, an art show, and workshops.
Producer | The Cinema Cabaret: Fusion Variety Show (1940s and 50s), Market Street Pub and Cabaret, Gainesville, FL (August 2015).
Producer | The Jim Henson Tribute Show, Market Street Pub and Cabaret, Gainesville, FL (August 2015)
- This benefit for myasthenia gravis awareness featured variety performers paying tribute to the works of Jim Henson and the Jim Henson Creature Shop. The production raised more than $500 for a patient with MG.
Producer | The Cinema Cabaret: Fusion Variety Show (1920s and 1930s), Market Street Pub and Cabaret, Gainesville, FL (May 2015).
- Well-received variety show with innovative mixed-media format, in which burlesque dancers, puppeteers, singers, and acrobats perform in front of clips from classic films and cartoons; ran for one night with a full house.
Producer | Pop Rocks Puppet Shows, 1982 Arts Café, Gainesville, FL (November 2014 and March 2015)
Producer | Teatro de los Muertos: Puppet Edition / Puppet Punk and Burlesque Show, 1982 Arts Café, Gainesville, FL (October – November 2014)
Producer | “The MageArt Experience v. 2.014,” DreamQuilt & Gainesville Artwalk, Civic Media Center, Gainesville, FL (February 2014)
Creative Director / Playwright | Teatros de los Muertos, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (November 2013)
- A workshop production of a collection of short plays about death. I wrote, produced, and directed. This was a flagship production for DreamQuilt, the production company I founded.
Producer | “TigerMonkey Extravaganza v. 2.0,” DreamQuilt, Civic Media Center, Gainesville, FL (October 2013.)
Producer / Stage Manager | “TigerMonkey Extravaganza,” DreamQuilt & Alachua County Rapscallions, Civic Media Center, Gainesville, FL (June 2013.)
- Wildly successful production with benefit performances for the Hospice of the Nature Coast, arranged by my company DreamQuilt
Production Manager / Costume Designer / Actor | The Peppermint King, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (January – February 2014)
Costume Designer / Actor | “Fright Night,” Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (October 2013)
Stage Manager / Set Decorator / ‘Sally’ (understudy) | The Perfect Party, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (June 2013.)
Stage Manager / Sound Designer / ‘Secretary’ | Geneva, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (April 2013 – May 2013.)
Stage Manager | Outburst, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (February 2013 – May 2013)
Stage Manager / Costume Designer / Properties Manager | Death of a Salesman, High Springs Community Theatre, High Springs, FL (December 2012 – February 2013)
Stage Manager / Properties Designer | Hamlet/The Prince Formerly Known As Hamlet, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (January 2012 – May 2012)
Stage Manager / Assistant Director | Galileo of Gainesville, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (August 2011 – January 2012)
Stage Manager / Properties Designer / Dramaturg | The Elephant Man, Acrosstown Repertory Theatre, Gainesville, FL (November 2010 – January 2011)
Valdosta State University Theatre and Dance Area, 2004 – 2010
Props designer and assistant stage manager/run crew head, “Holler Me Home,” September 2007 – February 2008.
This is the first play of “Scrubs” writer/producer and VSU alum Debra Fordham. We premiered the play in Valdosta State University’s Sawyer Theatre and took it to the Out of the Loop Festival in March 2008 in Dallas, TX.
Exercises and semester projects in playwriting and directing. Composed two one-act plays and directed short scenes from Mrs. Warren’s Profession and A Complete History of America, Abridged.
Other responsibilities within the program:
- Scene shop internship
- Stagecraft and properties management
- Soundboard operation; developing and editing the soundtracks for productions
- Stage management; organizing prop and run crews
- Performance in one show per year
- Volunteering at fundraising events
- Ushering or working in other service capacities
Other Theatre and Film Experience
- Performer in “Inside OCD,” story theatre project with UF Center for Arts in Medicine (2017 – 2018)
- Co-creator of SketchyYeti, an improv and sketch comedy troupe (2013)
- Participated in “4x4x4” 24-hour play festivals in Gainesville, FL (August and October 2012, July 2013)
- Special f/x and makeup designer, properties and costume designer for “The Milk Man,” independent short film project, Gainesville and Jacksonville, FL (November 2010 – January 2011)
- Properties master, set decorator, and costume designer for “Prima Donna,” Columbia University thesis film project, Tampa, FL (July – August 2010)
- Stage manager for independent, student-run theatre company The Immediate Theatre Project’s 2009 season, Valdosta, GA (November 2008 – April 2009)
- Extra in Zombieland, 60 hours on set in Valdosta, GA (February 2009)
- V-Day productions of “The Vagina Monologues,” Valdosta State University (sponsored by Women’s and Gender Studies Program), Valdosta, GA (2007 and 2009)
- Worked load-in and dresser/run crew on tour productions, Mathis City Auditorium (sponsored by the Lowndes/Valdosta Arts Commission), Valdosta, GA (6 shows, 2004 – 2008)